Yes we have rules!
Here at CrossFit Salisbury, we strive to help every one of our members get into the best shape of their life. We’ve established some baseline rules to help ensure everyone gets the most out of our box.
- Arrive early and stay late. If you’re not early, you’re late. Those of you with smaller bladders may want to reserve extra time for a bathroom visit. Cheer, clap and encourage others. Anything less and you will cheat yourself of the experience and rob others of the gift of your presence and support as part of the community.
- Treat the equipment with respect. Bars loaded with bumpers and medicine balls are meant to be picked up and dropped. Respect the equipment by using it heavy and hard, but don’t abuse it.
- Empty barbells were not designed to be dropped (neither were dumbbells or kettlebells). We don’t want our toys, our rubber flooring, you or someone else broken unnecessarily.
- Clean up and put away all equipment after each workout (but wait until everyone is finished their WOD). We are not your mom and you are all adults. Clean up sweat, spit, blood, chalk, dirt, vomit, handprints, and whatever else you’ve left behind.
- Chalk is useful, even necessary. It is also messy. Use as much as you need, but keep the excess inside the chalk bucket! We pride ourselves on having a clean facility for our members to use.
- We encourage you to have fun and get excited while working out. We like to joke, yell, grunt, scream, sweat, bleed, etc. and you will too. Making noise during a workout us welcomed and encouraged. However, we won’t tolerate any temper tantrums. Leave them and your EGOs at the door.
- Yes, you’re going to work harder than you ever thought was possible. Yes, it’ll hurt. Yes, you will have a hard time getting off the floor. So what? Have fun with it. CrossFit Salisbury is your playground and while we’re constantly increasing the work capacity, we’re having fun at the same time.
- CrossFit Salisbury is more than a gym. We are one big crazy family in our community. If you see someone you haven’t met before, please introduce yourself. Remember that was you at one time or another.
- NO CHEATING!! No one cares what your score was. However, everyone will care if you are a cheater. Be honest with everyone and most important be honest with yourself.
- Pay attention when the coach is giving instruction. It doesn’t matter if you’ve been doing CrossFit for 1 month or 5 years, it’s disrespectful to have your own private conversation or do your own thing when the coach is trying to give instructions to the class. You may know how to perform each movement off the top of your head, but not everyone does, so be patient and quiet and let everyone get the full benefits of the coaches’ knowledge. Besides, you might learn something new about the lift that you would have otherwise missed!
- Respect another member’s space. This is crucial for safety purposes, as well as the focus of your fellow CrossFitter. If someone is preparing for a major lift, don’t walk behind them, in front of them, or anywhere close to them. If they need to bail, the last thing a coach wants to see happen is the bar strike an athlete standing too close, or worse yet, have an athlete fall back on to someone else’s equipment.
- If you notice that equipment is broken, lights are out, there’s no toilet paper, bring it to our attention so we can do something about it.
- Don’t make us ask you for your money! Monthly dues are due on the 1st or 15th. Enough said.
- And finally….get your butt in the door! The hardest part is coming in and getting started, so just do it.